Your Cart is Currently Empty
The JP271SW builds on the offering of the JP171SW by providing a higher specification option that is particularly popular with training bands and advanced students.
JP's to buying your first cornet will help you know what to look for and explains the different features that can be found on a cornet.
Designed in collaboration with Smith-Watkins, the JP271SW benefits from their specialist expertise and professional components. Constructed from a High Grade 80:20 Brass, the JP271SW features a one piece bell for extra resonance, and high tolerance monel piston valves. A specially designed Smith-Watkins leadpipe offers a free blowing experience and encourages a warm tone. The JP271SW features 1st and 3rd valve slide triggers similar to professional models to assist with tuning.
John Packer Bb Cornet JP271SW Specifications:
- Model: JP271SW, JP271SWS
- Key: Bb
- Bell Size: High Grade Brass - 123mm (4.84"), One piece
- Valves: Piston 3
- Bore: Medium-Large 11.68mm (0.460")
- Water Key: Lever 2
- Body: High Grade Brass
- Finish: Lacquer (JP271SW)
- Finish: Silver Plated (JP271SWS)
- Lyre Box: Yes
- Mouthpiece: JP 4B
- Leadpipe: Smith Watkins design
- Instrument Weight: 1.12Kg (2lb 8oz)
- Weight with case: 3.78Kg (8lb 5oz)
- Box Dimensions: 47x22.5x36.5cm (19x9x14)
- Boxed weight: 4.44Kg (9lb 13oz)
The John Packer Bb Cornet JP271SW is supplied with a sturdy case with backpack and shoulder straps, and an outer pocket perfect for sheet music. Also included is a JP 4B mouthpiece, a bottle of Ultra Pure valve oil and a maintenance guide with advice to help keep your instrument in perfect order.