Your Cart is Currently Empty
Price level: Step up Performance guide level: Step up/professional
- Underslung 8ve mechanism For reliability
- Floating plate design for little finger (LH) cluster Aids fast movement
- Full ribbed construction For strength, durability and extra resonance
- 'Abalone' pearls To enhance appearance
- Italian leather pads More waterproof so more reliable
- Blue steel springs Rust resistant with better tension memory
- Double spine on B & C For strength and reliability
- Resonator pads For enhanced projection and tonal depth
- Adjustable thumb rest Increases playing comfort
- Adjustable back stops For easier adjustment and faster servicing
- G#/Bb & F/F# independent adjustment Adds strength and rigidness and reliability
- Lyre box For marching
- Mechanism includes: High F#, Front F
Accessories: High quality 'shaped' lightweight case with backpack straps and shoulder strap, 'easy blow' mouthpiece, mouthpiece cap, ligature, reed and supportive sling
- Very resonant and responsive due to professional design
- Complete package
- Professional spec
- Association with professional players who use this model
- High performance:cost ratio
- Choice of finish to suit all requirements
Applications and Characteristics:
This instrument has found a place both as a step up model and also in professional environments. Many professional players are using these every day in live and studio performances. It can be heard on the soundtrack of Disney's 'Bee Movie'. It is supplied with a 'student friendly' mouthpiece and responds well to the addition of a professional mouthpiece which will substantially increase its performance capacity.
As played by: Jamie Talbot & Tony Coe â€“ recording artists and session players
Weight and Dimensions: 6kg 66x20x31cms (single) 13kg 69x43x34cms (multiple)
"I am tremendously pleased with the 045 Alto I bought from you a few months ago. I've been playing an early Selmer super action 80, for the last fifteen years - Pasadena Roof Orchestra, RNT, RSC, West end, sessions, bar mitzfas weddings and funerals, and am now using the JP horn. I tried one on a gig I was doing with James Mainwaring , and went home and ordered one the same night. I've been using it ever since and now prefer it to the Selmer. I've got a lovely 1958 Mk 6 tenor but am anxious to compare your horn, these days every time you have to fly with instruments it gets nerve-racking and precarious. Your Tenor will have to be good to rival mine , but if it's anything like the Alto I will be very Happy!" Dai Pritchard. Professional musician
Please note that, as is common practice, Pete, Jamie and Dai all use their own choice of mouthpiece, ligature and reed on this saxophone.
"Frankly I'm stunned. It plays better than most saxes that cost ten times as much and outclasses anything else in a similar price range. I'll be using it tonight in "The Drowsy Chaperone" show in the west end. Tomorrow I'm recording some music for the new Dreamworks film called "Bee Movie" and on Sunday I'm playing in the Concert for Diana at Wembley Stadium. I shall be using the JP 045 on each job and am looking forward to it - it's great!" Jamie Talbot. Career includes work with Ella Fitzgerald, Frank Sinatra, Robbie Williams, Jamie Cullum, Amy Winehouse, Eric Clapton, Michael Jackson, Oasis and Dave Brubeck.
"I road tested the instrument in two big bands and a theatre pit in the West End. It did everything required of it so efficiently and beautifully that my fellow saxophone players on the gigs thought I was playing some new "Custom" instrument worth at least ten times the price. "These new Chinese hooters are re-defining how we go to work. Never before has it been possible to play to a full professional level on anything other than a "professional" standard instrument. This is a professional standard instrument." Pete Long. Has worked with Jools Holland R & B Orchestra, Stereophonics, Dizzy Gillespie, BBC Big Band, BBC Concert Orchestra, Chick Corea and Paul McCartney to name just a few.