Your Cart is Currently Empty
Robert Tucci has created two new, totally unique mouthpieces. These benefit from a widely accepted width, contemporary rims, proven cups and large open backbores combined with their successful heavy-shell designs. These are ideal for medium and medium-large bore instruments. American shank taper is standard.
SOUSAPOWER Sound Energy mouthpieces are for strong players. Volume is high, with heavy fundamental output. Middle and low register strength and projection are exceptional; both the upper middle and high registers are very solid.
SOUSAPOWER mouthpieces are open blowing and deeply resonant. These characteristics are obvious in the middle and low register. In the upper middle and upper register, the resistance remains low and may seem unconventional at first. This continues well into the high register. Reduced pressure enables greater flow of air in a range where many mouthpieces choke up. Once the functional advantages are recognized, the upper middle and high registers of most instruments are more accessible, with a fine consistency of tone quality over a greater range. A unique balance between cup shape, throat and backbore dimensions assures excellent intonation.
Sound Energy generated by the player is enhanced by these new mouthpieces. A firm embouchure interacts with and compliments the acoustical impedance generated in the instrument. The results are superior. High output results in efficiency and therefore ease of performance. Within a few days of use, they could become habit-forming!
- Cup diameter: 33.0 mm
- Very deep cup
- Flat rim with sharp inner edge: 7.5 mm
- Bore: Small at 8.3 mm to enable the greatest dynamics
- Colourful, dark, big and weighty sound
- Due to sophisticated and skillful construction this model combines enormous volume with fast response and good treble
- Recommended for advanced, powerful wind players who want to take full advantage of the cone construction
- Shaft design: Narrow Perantucci S-shaft with 14.8 mm diameter